Information in this article is outdated. Someone found the information in this article to be outdated and overroled by more recent events. Please help improving EVElopedia and correct it right now ! Other articles needing updated details
Technically, a supercarrier is a carrier class vessel which is however many time larger and much more expensive to build.
In comparison to a typical carrier, a supercarrier has the following features:
- Has larger cargo, hangar and drone bays
- Cannot be built in, or docked in stations
- Deploys 3 additional Fighters, Fighter Bombers or drones per level compared to 1
- Can deploy Fighter-Bombers
- Immune to all forms of Electronic Warfare (e.g. ECM, conventional warp jammers, Stasis Webifers, etc)
- Can only be prevented from jump/going into warp by Interdictor Bubbles, Mobile Warp Disruptors, and focused warp disruption generators used by Heavy Interdictors
- Has six high slots instead of five
- Able to fit Remote ECM Burst I
- Allowed to use one warfare link per racial carrier skill level, instead of just one regardless of level.
There are 4 types of Supercarrier, 1 for each of the 4 races
- Aeon: have armor resistance bonuses which allow them to field heavy armor tanks
- Wyvern: have shield resistance bonuses which allow them to field heavy shield tanks
- Nyx: have deployed fighter bonuses allowing them provide more firepower to offensive operations while fielding a moderate armor tank
- Hel: have their strength as a logistic platform with bonuses to shield/armor remote repair amounts. They are also extremely flexible and are able to field either a modest shield or armor tank
Supercarriers excel in performing three functions:
Anti-capital warfare. When fielding fighter-bombers, Supercarriers can put out enormous damage against capital-sized targets.
While performing POS repairing, the supercarrier's immunity to EW allows it to easily slip in/out of POS shields while repairing the POS's Shields/Armor without being concern of attackers with stasis webifers preventing an easy escape.
During attacks against hostile carriers employing spider tank tactics, the supercarrier's remote ecm burst is invaluable in breaking their cycles and allows for friendly ships to overwhelm the target ship.