The following information was produced from the official static data export. Any changes to this static section will be lost when periodic updates are done. Please use other sections for additional information.
Stations and Services
More about Jita
The Jita Solar system is the most heavily populated system in the the game and its busiest trade hub. It is located in the Kimotoro constellation of the Forge region. Jita is also a relatively built-up area; only 6 other systems in the game contain more stations.
At present the volume of trade conducted in Jita totals several hundred billion ISK per day, more than the other major trading hubs combined. The income from taxes and fees levied on trade within the system makes Jita the richest system in New Eden.
Trade in Jita
The trading centre of the solar system is located at the Caldari Navy Assembly Plant orbiting Planet 4, Moon 4.
Jita became a major trading hub when several high level agents conducted their business from the system's stations. Pod pilots running missions for these agents traded their loot from Jita's stations. Jita's location at the axis of several major trade routes through New Eden increased the volume of trade taking place in system. Soon the volume of trade in Jita was greater than any other system in the eve universe.
The agents have since left Jita as the traffic generated by trade activities within the system have made their business impractical, and the asteroid belts there have become permanently depleted.
The system provides an ideal location for traders as large numbers of buyers frequent the systems. This improves the turnover rate of their goods. Likewise, buyers are treated to large numbers of sellers competing for their custom.
A further advantage of Jita is that it is located at a junction of 3 regions, and lies only 2 jumps away from a 4th, Sinq Laison, allowing residents to compare prices over a wide area with minimal effort. A further 6 jumps allows a pilot to also check the markets in Domain.
Traits of Jita's Success as a Major Trade Hub
- 3 Regions Joined within 1 jump of each other (Jita in The Forge, Muvolailen in The Citadel, Sobaseki in Lonetrek)
- Network Effect (most commonly noted and also known as network externality)
- Bandwagon Effect (also known as Social Proof)
- Hotelling Effect (also known as Location model, Salop’s Circle Model, etc)
- A large percentage of players are Caldari and live in Caldari Space nearby Jita. This is mostly a legacy effect- for a long time, Achura characters had more desirable attributes than most other bloodlines, and prior to that Civire were seen as a somewhat "better" choice for combat pilots and Deteis were popular as industry characters, combined with the early Raven's general power as a combat and mission-running vessel.
- Player's Broker Fees, can be reduced with Faction standing and Corporation standing vs. the particular Jita station owner. (Caldari Navy, & Caldari State)
- Jita has 6 stations that provide Science and Industry Manufacturing slots (50 spots each station)
- Jita has many stations that provide reprocessing facilities.
- Jita has Caldari Navy Loyalty point stores
- Jita used to provide missions, but no longer does (in order to help keep lag down).
- Jita used to provide mineable asteroid belts, but they have been permanently depleted by player over-mining (as decreed by CCP) - another first for Jita.
Because of its high volume of users, Jita has historically had severe performance issues, especially on Sunday nights, where server user counts grew to their largest numbers. The number of pilots is capped around the 2300 mark, and often reaches this during peak hours. Even at these times, entrance is only delayed, as the number of people leaving the system is consistantly high.
With more recent expansions and performance improvements, notably the introduction of StacklessIO, Jita's performance has improved greatly. Though the Jita system still often performs more sluggishly than others, Jita now always has a dedicated node server assigned to it to handle the extra load.