What is a Fleet Commander?
To be a good FC you need to be able to multitask, without yelling and panicking when you're getting targeted, you should remain calm and give the proper example to your fleetmembers.
A Fleet Commander's Roles
A Fleet commander has a multitude of roles to fulfill. He/She is not just a figure head, but in charge of the well being of the ships at their command. It is their responsibility to ensure a mission completes or that an orderly retreat happens. Some of the tasks of the FC are as follows:
- Organize fleets
- Set an overall destination and purpose for the fleet
- Employ the appropriate tactics for the situation
- Versitility in all things, as the fleet structure is always in flux
- Set scouts, boosters, and squad commanders
- Delegate command to the proper personnel
- Ensure the understanding of the battle plan amongst all involved
- Know when to call it a day
A good FC is a maturation of skills learnt through trial and error. Usually a FC has had hours and hours of combat experience and can anticipate some of his enemies' moves. An FC grows with each engagement, and tries to pass along his knowledge to the next in line.