This guide is to help you increase your FPS output as much as possible using ingame settings, the increase depends on your computer's graphic, memory and CPU power. Your results will vary from others even if you have the same hardware.
- Defragment your harddrives regularly, especially if you are moving/installing/uninstalling programs and files on regular basis.
- Defragmenting will help with loading times and does decrease stuttering since fragmented files can be spread all over your harddrive and thus increase seek time.
Tweakguides.com have made very detailed tweak guides for both ATI and Nvidia graphic cards which may benefit you
- For best performance, run EVE in Fullscreen mode, this might increase your FPS quite a bit.
- If you use the Vista Aero theme, change it to the classic theme since it seems the Aero theme does steal a few FPS from players in some situations. This does not apply to all cases though.
Drivers and DirectX
Do make sure that your graphic card drivers are up to date.
If you use Windows XP make sure that you have the latest updates for DirectX installed
Press ESC when ingame or the Settings button at the log in prompt
Under General Settings tab
- Untick the following
- Generate Character picture when clicked
- Show tutorials
- Show Welcome pages
- Show Damage Notifications ( this will disable and remove all other damage notification options )
- You can have this option ticked but untick Show missed-, Show Inflicted-, Show Incurrent Hit Notifications and tick Simple damage Notifications
- Show Targeting Crosshair
Display & Graphics tab
- Under Common graphic settings untick the following:
- Turret Effects
- Missile Effects
- Camera Shake
- Ship explotions
- Drone models
- Sun is Occluded by Ships
- Load Station Environment
- Under Display setup:
- Color Depth = 24-bit color ( not with 8-bit stencil )
- Tick "Advanced Settings"
- And have Interval One or Default selected under Present Interval.
- Under Graphic Content settings untick the following:
- Shadows Enabled
- Resource Cache Enabled
- HDR Enabled
It's also recommended that you play around with these settings to see which one suits you best. The optimized settings have 3 profiles that can help.
Optimise settings for Memory
is for computers with low system or video memory and helps with running multiple clients
Optimise settings for Performance
is recommended for computers which are at or around the minimum specifications
Optimise settings for Quality
is for high end computers
ATI specific issues
- We have noticed that the Catalyst A.I. has been known to cause problems with EVE in many cases, we thus suggest players disable the Catalyst AI in the Catalyst Control Center
- Disabling Anti Aliasing may also help under some circumstances
Here's an extensive list of how you can configure your overview