There are many forms of entertainment throughout New Eden.
People and Entities
New Eden has no shortage of entertainment, but given the splintered nature of its empires and other factions, true interstellar recognition continues to elude most of its more attention-seeking citizens.
- Dr. Adad's Wild Time is a popular Amarr holo show
- Mr. Wayward and Friends is a cartoon segment on Dr. Adad's Wild Time
Some customs may border on the religious - and in those cases where they do topple over, they may be found in the respective section - but in most cases the root cause is less of a religious belief and more a mix of tradition, interest, national pride, entertainment value and a momentary off-staving of boredom.
- The Aidonis Statue is one of the most recognizable interstellar honors.
- Arkonian Tea calms the senses after a long session moderating interstellar communication.
- Baselining is a custom among capsuleers.
- The Caldari Administration of Conquered Systems is responsible for auctioning off planets captured by the Caldari.
- Gallente fashion is a point of contention for just about everybody.
- The Ruhste is a Minmatar tribal dance.
- Stimstickers are recreational drugs, with varying levels of legality.
- Tea is, of course, a necessity.
Games and Activities
Warfare aside, the denizens of New Eden have found many ways to entertain themselves. Of course, some of these ways are so destructive as to nearly border on actual warfare, but if there's a scoreboard involved and it isn't too blood-splattered or radioactive to provide a reading, it's generally considered harmless entertainment.
- Clash of Wits was a simple computer game.
- Egones are commonly used for entertainment.
- Fedo fighting is popular among certain Gallente.
- Mind Clash is a hugely popular mind sport.
- Pettokori is an electro-board gambling game.
- Skyball was in playoffs during the Seyllin incident.
- Spaceship racing is only for the foolhardy.
- Sun-surfing is practiced by some in Maseera.