EVE default directories
This is a list of various default directories that might be of use when diagnosing issues with your EVE client.
Default client installation directories
- Windows XP/Vista/7 32bit: C:\Program Files\CCP\EVE\
- Windows XP/Vista/7 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE\
- Steam client Windows XP/Vista/7 32bit: C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\EVE Online\
- Steam client Windows XP/Vista/7 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\EVE Online\
- MacOS X: /Applications/EVE Online.app
For Windows users finding themselves in the need of reinstalling DirectX, the DirectX installation files can be found within the "bin\DirectX" directory.
Default client side Cache and Settings folders
Simply copy and paste the following paths into the address bar of the Windows Explorer or into the entry field of the "Run..." dialogue (Windows key + R) to open the directories. %USERPROFILE% and %LOCALAPPDATA% are system variables that always resolve to the User Profile of the Windows user and the actual directory may vary on each system. Also, those directories are usually hidden system folders, meaning that you usually can not browse to those directly without changing some settings.
- Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\CCP\EVE\
- German Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\CCP\EVE\
- Windows XP Steam: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\CCP\EVE\
- Windows Vista/7: %LOCALAPPDATA%\CCP\EVE\
- Windows Vista Steam: %LOCALAPPDATA%\CCP\EVE\
- MacOS X: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/EVE Online
Installer data and Client Updates
The Windows version of the Full Client Installer for the game will download the installation files into the following folders:
- Windows Vista/7: %PROGRAMDATA%\CCP\EVE\downloads
- Windows XP: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\CCP\EVE\downloads
- German Windows XP: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Anwendungsdaten\CCP\EVE\downloads
The client updates are also stored within this folder, in subdirectories named similar to the cache folders of the according clients. The following examples for Windows assume the client to be installed in "C:\Program Files\CCP\EVE":
- Windows Vista/7: %PROGRAMDATA%\CCP\EVE\c_program_files_ccp_eve_tranquility
- Windows XP: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\CCP\EVE\c_program_files_ccp_eve_tranquility
- German Windows XP: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Anwendungsdaten\CCP\EVE\c_program_files_ccp_eve_tranquility
- MacOS X: ~/Library/Application Support/EVE Online Preferences/p_drive/All Users/Application Data/CCP/c_program_files_ccp_eve_tranquility
These folders can be safely deleted for space. If client updates are deleted and there is currently one available, the client will download the latest client update again.