Concord are the police of New Eden, they provide retribution as a reaction force, thus giving consequence for criminal behaviors in 0.5 to 1.0 security space. The Concord response time depends on the solar system security status, if Concord forces have been spawned already and where they are in the system.
On any actions that Concord has deemed unacceptable, they will respond by destroying the offender's ship. The offender's pod is not touched. It is considered an exploit to dodge Concord's response. They will never act preemptively.
Getting ship-killed by Concord is colloquially referred to as being "Concorded" or "Concordokkened."
Behaviors of a player Concord will respond to
- Damaging or committing an act of aggression against an illegal target, e.g. a player for which you do not have kill rights or are not at war with
- Attacking CONCORD
- Jumping into High Security Space while under a global criminal flag
- Jumping into a high security system within the Sanctum constellation when your security status is low, this is however the CONCORD police that will do that and they are escapable; however them successfully shooting you will incur a Global Criminal Countdown and you will thus be locked in the system
- Damaging or committing an act of aggression upon a member of your alliance
Behaviors of a player Concord will not respond to
- Attacking a legal target
- Locking onto a player
- Using a cargo/ship scanner on a player
- Using a remote repair module on a player, if that player ever becomes a criminal you will automaticaly stop remote repairing him in high security space
- Jumping into a high security system outside of the Sanctum constellation when your security status is low
- Using remote repair systems on pirate NPC ships
- Shooting Asteroids
- Shooting a player against whom you have Kill Rights
- Damaging or committing an act of aggression against a fellow Corporation Member (only if in a Player Corporation, NPC corporation members can't shoot each others legally without prior flagging, like thieving)
- Damaging or committing an act of aggression against the Faction Navies