What is the Buddy Program?
The Buddy Program allows existing subscribers to send an invitation to try EVE Online to friends, family and fellow gamers. The trial time starts from the time of activation and it ends 21 days later regardless of actual time logged on the game.
Terms and Conditions of the Buddy Program
- Each Active Subscription Account (trial accounts do not qualify for this promotion) can send Buddy Program invites
- Each Active Subscription Account is restricted to 10 Buddy Program invites per month
- Only accounts created through this emailed invite are valid for this offer. Be sure your friends use the invite to create their account in order for you to earn your game time when they subscribe to EVE Online
- Eligible subscription activations can be funded by Credit/Debit cards, WebMoney Transfer, paysafecard, ETC, PLEX, iDeal and PayPal.
- Payments not eligible for this offer: Direct Debit, CD Keys, including CD Keys purchased or received from non-CCP sources and online stores such as, but not limited to: Steam Store, Direct2Drive, Gamers Gate, Impulse Driven.
- You will need to have an active account once your friend purchases an EVE Online subscription to get your 30 days.
- Please note that once your friend purchases an EVE Online subscription, your 30 free days may take up to 24 hours to be applied.
Why use the Buddy Program?
The Buddy Program offers an extended trial period. New players signing up with a buddy invitation will have 21-days to experience EVE Online. As an added incentive, for each buddy that converts to a monthly subscription, you’ll earn 30 free days of game time or a PLEX.
How do I send invites?
- Log into Account Management
- Click the Buddy Program Invites button under Common Tasks
- Enter the email address of the buddy you would like to send the trial offer to and click Submit
It is important that the buddy uses the link, which is given in the email, to create the trial account.
Done with the trial and looking to Subscribe?
To extend your account once the trial time has expired, use any payment method. You can use a game time card or a PLEX or go to the Account Management section and login with the username and password of your account. Click the "Extend Trial Account" link in "Common Tasks". From there you can sign up for a permanent subscription. Note that the first charge will be $19.95 for the account extension and purchasing EVE, after which the regular subscription prices apply. You do not have to buy a copy from a retail store to become a subscriber.
Abuse of the Buddy Program
Abusing the Buddy System is considered an exploit and will not be tolerated. Incidents will be handled on a case by case basis and action taken may include bans for all accounts involved and/or confiscation of ISK and items.
Abuse includes, but is not limited to; farming gifts, making throw-away alts for grief-play purposes.