Hull Classification Overview
Battleships are the heavyweight champions of pre-capital ships, as they are the largest practical combat vessel available. Measuring from lengths of 800 to 1000 meters along their longest beam. Despite all attempts to cloak the ship, active electronic sensor scrambling can only hide the ship down to electronic footprints of 400 meters. Massing at 100,000,000 kilograms, these ships are usually better transported by direct piloting rather than inside cargo bays. Crewed by many as 10,000-15,000 lives, the combat efficiency increases greatly with the use of the pod reducing minimal crew needed to the hundreds. Because battleships are designed entirely for war, compartments are thickly armored, and reactors shielded. Redundant systems and internal damage control greatly factors into crew survival rates of 50%
A battleship's heavy weight and extreme technicality makes it a challenge to master as their replacement impact is far heavier than cruisers and frigates. Military states heavily invest into the battleship task forces to complete the solidity of their forces. Battleships are the first ship class that can pose a significant damage threat against capital ships and are a more cost-effective means in damaging capital ships. Battleships are very survivable, and can deploy almost anywhere in New Eden.
Battleships typically find themselves in attack roles including bombardment and siege, as the roles are not usually suited for smaller ships. Despite the battleship being built for war, there are some creative pilots whose use of the ship is typically reserved for civilian activities such as mining or salvaging.
Their large size offers maximum room for various functional outfitting, and its offensive power is to be feared by any other ship as the battleship can be specifically fitted for any threat from anti-frigate to anti-capital ship. It's able to not only deal damage effectively but take massive amount of punishment from all threats, and can usually cause severe damage to enemy forces even when massively outgunned. Though specific battleship-sized weapons are not designed for countering smaller ships, there are many countermeasures available, including the use of drones and smartbombs.
Battleships are a high value target in a non-capital ship composition. Although the threat of being picked is unlikely as multiple battleships will be fielded, its threat value is too great to ignore amongst any of the smaller classes of ships. Smaller swarms of ships are able to overwhelm the battleships systems and larger capitol ships with sufficient tracking can be accurate enough to cause quite serious damage, shooting a frigate sized shell though the entire ships hull.
Types of Battleships
- All Black Ops ships can fit covert cynosural field generators, covert jump portal generators, have no targeting delay after decloak, and receive a 125% cloaked speed bonus per Black Ops skill level.
- All Marauders receive a 100% bonus to range and velocity of Tractor Beams and a 100% bonus to damage for racial weapon type (Amarr: Large Energy Turret, Caldari: Cruise Missile and Torpedos, Gallente: Large Hybrid Turret, Minmatar: Large Projectile Turret.)
- Armageddon: Bonus to Large Energy Turret capacitor and rate of fire.
- Apocalypse: Bonus to Large Energy Turret capacitor and optimal range.
- Abaddon: Bonus to Large Energy Turret damage and armor resistances.
- Redeemer: Black Ops; Bonus to Large Energy Turret capacitor, rate of fire, and tracking.
- Paladin: Marauder; Bonus to capacitor capacity, effectiveness of Stasis Webifiers, Large Energy Turret damage, and repair amount of Armor Repairers.
- Scorpion: Bonus to Jammer strength, optimal range, falloff, and ECM Burst range.
- Raven: Bonus to Cruise and Siege Launcher rate of fire and Cruise Missile and Torpedo velocity.
- Rokh: Bonus to Large Hybrid Turret optimal range and shield resistances.
- Widow: Black Ops; Bonus to Cruise and Siege Launcher rate of fire, Cruise Missile and Torpedo velocity, and Jammer strength.
- Golem: Marauder; Bonus to Cruise Missile and Torpedo velocity, explosion velocity, Shield Booster effectiveness, and Target Painter effectiveness.
- Dominix: Bonus to Large Hybrid Turret damage and Drone hitpoints.
- Megathron: Bonus to Large Hybrid Turret tracking and damage.
- Hyperion: Bonus to Large Hybrid Turret damage and Armor Repairer effectiveness.
- Sin: Black Ops; Bonus to Large Hybrid Turret damage, Drone hitpoints, and agility.
- Kronos: Marauder; Bonus to Large Hybrid Turret damage, tracking, Armor Repairer effectiveness, and Stasis Webifier effectiveness.
- Typhoon: Bonus to Cruise and Torpedo Missile Launcher rate of fire; Cruise Missile and Torpedo explosion velocity.
- Tempest: Bonus to Large Projectile Turret rate of fire and damage.
- Maelstrom: Bonus to Large Projectile Turret rate of fire and Shield Booster effectiveness.